Good morning one and all, probably most likely just the one. Anyway, I am now done with a grueling semester and a rough year all around, and am looking forward to writing. As I look back on my blogs, I find myself thinking, “Wow! Things have really changed.” When I read, “Better now, part 1,”I get tears in my eyes thinking about how I felt then. It’s almost as if it was a different person—a weak and frightened person. I remember telling someone that I just wanted to get through all this and be on the other side and be able to say, “Now that was a wild ride!” I believe that I can now say that. Of course, knowing me there will be many more wild rides ahead. That’s just the way I roll.
Although, I am planning on beginning a new blog, on a completely different subject, (which I believe is a good sign that I am moving on) my goal has always been to help those who are where I once was. I’m all about paying if forward. There were those who helped me and I want to do the same. With that said, I will spend the next few weeks recounting what has happened in my life this past year. For a quick recap:
- Filed for divorce, which will be final in August
- Reconnected with a friend from my old fundie church and she was also in the process of deconverting. An amazing story by the way.
- Came out of the “deconversion closet,” completely. Yes, that’s right—what a tale.
- Have learned to be stronger than I ever thought I could be.
- Was published! In a real literary magazine and I don’t even fancy myself a poet. 🙂
That’s it for now. My first blog will be entitled, “Hello, my name is Barbara and I’m an Apostate,” but as any writer knows, that is subject to change. Stay tuned!